Wednesday, August 13, 2008

End of Freedom & Other Random Thoughts

Yes, it's that time of year.  The fun and games are coming to a close.  My meetings started today.  I have another meeting all day tomorrow, and then my first official day back is Friday.  I love the beginning of the school year, but it's always a little sad to see the summer go.  

I'm totally enjoying the Olympics.  Can you say MICHAEL PHELPS???  The guy is an animal.  So fun to watch!  Also, is it just me, or does anyone else really just want Bela Karolyi to shut his trap?  I admire his passion, but enough is enough already.  We know you think the Chinese team is all underage.  We get it.  Move on!  Frankly, it was a little embarrassing.  

The weather here has been gorgeous this week.  I have hardly had the air-conditioning on at all.  Me?  Without air-conditioning in August?  Unheard of.

I fixed my toilet this week.  I am a plumbing goddess.  The rubber flappy thing (technical term) inside was cracked so the chain couldn't get it when it flushed.  I went to Menard's to take care of it myself.  Unfortunately, who knew that there are approximately THIRTY different kinds of rubber flappy things?  How is this possible?  They all do the same exact thing!  Well, I guessed, and luckily, I guessed correctly.  I fixed it, and it works!  Now, if I could only do that for the garbage disposal.  Ugh.  I guess I need my pervy plumber for something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...