Friday, August 15, 2008

All is well.

Today was my first official day back to school.  We had meetings in the morning, and then we could work in our classrooms in the afternoon.  Something bizarre and cool happened at lunch.  Remember my "packrat freakout" blog from August 8?  Well... I went to lunch with some colleagues, and as we piled in our school nurse's car, she said to me, "Oh, Tena.  I have your book."  She pulls out my copy of The Time Traveler's Wife.  I had lent it to her daughter Emily when we did Godspell together in the spring.  Rosemary (our nurse) said that Emily had passed it on to her when she'd finished, and they hoped that was OK.  So weird, eh?  I just had to let it go and make peace with the situation, and then everything fell into its proper place.  I ended up feeling blessed that the book found its way back to me, but I also felt blessed that someone else was able to enjoy it.  The situation honestly freaked me out a little, but in a good way.  All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...