1. Celebrity crushes past and present:
Past: There are 2: Rob Lowe and Ricky Schroeder. At our house on Frank Street, I had two window shades at the head of my bed. They were covered with pictures from Teen Beat (and all those similar publications that make me shake my head now) that I'd cut out. One shade had Rob Lowe pictures. The other had ones of Ricky Schroeder. Be still my preteen heart.
Present: Well, I have the freebie list posted on the left side of my blog for a reason. ;) Harrison Ford, Colin Firth, Michael Ball, Alec Baldwin, and Andy Garcia. In that order.
2. Favorite book: My all-time favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird. I read it to my 8th grade GOAL kids every year, and I have yet to do it without crying. Especially when Scout's innocence singlehandedly diffuses a lynch mob. Powerful stuff.
3. 5 favorite TV shows: I don't watch all that much TV anymore. But some shows I enjoy, both past and present, are:
The Amazing Race
Sex and the City
4. Guilty pleasure: Easy. Cadbury Mini Eggs. It's the danger season, folks. I cannot resist these babies for the life of me.
5. Goals I'm currently working on: Well, I'm very close to having my garage cleaned out. That's a big one. I'm able to park in it which is more than I've been able to say for 10 years. I still have some to do though. My current goal (that kind of goes along with the garage) is to get my house refinanced, and my dear Andrew has been helping me with several projects to make sure that happens.
6. Any trend of style that I've wanted to try, but been scared to: There is a big part of me that wants a tattoo. I think I'll always be too chicken though.
7. A skill that I'd love to learn: I'd love to learn basic carpentry. Watching the guys put in my laminate floor and fix my ceiling... well, I'd love to be able to do some of that myself. I just have no idea where to start. I'd like to be handier around my house, in general.
8. If I had a day with unlimited money to spend and no obligations: Easy. Broadway shows. As many as I could cram into a day. Then, I'd eat in a fancy restaurant and stay in a luxurious hotel.
9. A person (living or dead) I'd love to meet: I'd love to meet Maya Angelou. Her words have had a serious impact on my life, and I'd like to meet the woman behind the words.
10. If I weren't doing the career I'm doing now (teacher), what would I want to be doing instead: Egyptologist or Broadway Diva
11. Names I want/wanted to give my kids: My boy's name is Samuel. Girls' names change, but some names I currently like are: Phoebe, Hope, Elizabeth, Caroline, Joanna, and Harper.
I'm not going to actually tag anyone in this blog. Maybe that's missing the point, but, oh well. If you're so moved, answer these questions on your own blog. Leave me a comment with the link so I can read what you wrote!