Wednesday, August 20, 2008

1 Down, 179 to Go

It was a great first day back to school. I have super kids... I can tell already. I can also tell already that my orneriest group is my last group of the day, so I guess that's a good thing. Once I make it through them, I'll be done for the day, except for homeroom, which is no biggie. I have four groups of eighth graders this year, which has never happened before. It's just the way the numbers worked out this year. I love my schedule because I still have first period planning, I have my sixth graders 2nd period, I have my 7th graders 3rd and 4th periods, and then the rest of the day I have 8th graders, with a break 7th period for team meetings with the 8th grade team.

It was a little warm today, but every time I get hot, I just remember to be thankful that my room isn't upstairs anymore. It's always at least 10 degrees hotter up there. Everything went well with the two new principals today. Of course, there were things that no one thought of telling them, but this year is going to be full of those.

I loved watching Shawn Johnson get her gold medal last night. I got teary, even though I knew what was going to happen. PMS? Maybe, but I like to think that I just really have the Olympic spirit. ;)

1 comment:

  1. man, your soooooo lucky that you get to start school already, i wish i was in school...NOT(sorry i just had to say that)! By the way we all missed you in Bermuda.I had a tons of fun with some friends I met, two of them were brother and sister who were from England, one guy was from connecticut, and two of the girls were from Georgia. I miss them all ALOT! Cameron caught a 720 pound 15ft blue marlin!It took him three hours to pull it in! I really hope that we can see you during winter break again! Make sure give all your students lots of homework!!!!jk.love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...