Friday, September 5, 2008

Blessings for Today

* It's 3:30 on a Friday... what's a bigger blessing than that?

* Tomorrow is another home football game in Iowa City. I'm tailgating with my friend Heather and the Hugunin bunch. It should be a beautiful day, with highs in the low 70's. Go Hawks!

* It's the first home football game here in Fairfield tonight. High school football in a small town is unlike anything I experienced growing up in Council Bluffs. It's not really a high school thing; it's an entire community thing. It's so much fun.

* This week at our staff development meeting on Wednesday, one of our presenters handed out Dove chocolates. My message inside said, "In chaos there lies opportunity." If that isn't a good motto for a middle school teacher, what is? I have it pinned up on my bulletin board by my computer so I can see it all the time. In every crazy moment, there is wonderful potential. I'm grateful for that.

* Tonight my Centering Prayer group is starting back up. We meet on Friday afternoons. I'm the youngest one, and it's great. These ladies are some of the few people on the planet I allow to mother me. They're fantastic, and my spirit is always filled when I leave. I just need to be better about focusing that energy more often during the week. I think that will be a goal for this year... to take care of Me by centering myself and connecting to the Holy Spirit more often... not just when I'm with my prayer group.

I am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. its finally happend, the day i have been dreading for three months....... the first day of school has come and gone and i, claire mcleod, your cousin, have survived it. Dont ask me how,but somehow my heart is still beating and i am still inhailing air.

    Now, after my dramatic enterance i will tell you how it REALLY went:) I have really good teachers, i got into algebra (i had to work my butt off to get in but i still did it!). I got into advanced band which i am super happy about because we get to go on all sorts of trips (festivals and stuff like that). Thats it for now!tons of hugs! Claire:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I thought I was the Drama Queen! ;) I'm glad you survived, even if it was BARELY. I've never heard of advanced band before. That will be great! Algebra will be hard, but I know you can do it. Good job working your butt off! Love you, Claire! -Tena

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...