Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dress Rehearsal

Tonight is our first dress rehearsal. I'm happy to report that I'm growing as a human being by doing this show. It certainly is a switch to try and look crappy for a show. We had headshots taken in character, and everyone is looking so beautiful. I'm scowling with frizzy hair all over the place. I'm OK with that. Really, I am. ;)

I'm feeling a titch better, but I need to rise about 3-4 more titches before I feel like I'm where I want to be vocally. I have zero resonance in my head voice at this point, and that makes me push my chest voice up too high. For those of you that don't have a clue what I'm talking about, let's just say, I don't sound good now. Luckily, no one is going to mind if Miss Hannigan sounds a little chesty. They might worry if it was Annie. HA!

On an another note, the heat index here today is 122 degrees. It's mind-melting. I've never been so thankful for air-conditioning in my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...