Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Book That's Currently Messing With My Head

I haven't decided whether I'm blessing my friend Roberta or whether I'm cursing her. She recommended the author Anne LaMott to me, and I'm reading her book Traveling Mercies. This book is seriously messing with my head. It's so refreshing to read a book about faith that's by a real person. A person with flaws who cusses like I do and messes up like I do. It makes me feel like I'm OK and that I deserve some of the best things that I sometimes talk myself out of needing or wanting. And it makes me feel like God is accessible. And it helps my hope. Hope is a flame for me, and well, let's just say if it goes out, I go out. This book is fanning my flame.

And messing with my head.

I haven't decided if that's a bad thing yet or not, Roberta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...