Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Break... everyone should get one!

Could there be anything more wonderful than an entire week off, smack dab in the middle of the school year? I slept late this morning, and it was fan-freaking-tastic!

I had a great day yesterday. I used my gift certificate to the Honey Baked Ham company (thank you, McLeods!) to treat some friends for Easter dinner. The flash-frozen ham arrived Thursday, and it was amazing. My friend Gay is this dutch oven cooking genius (would my Grandpa Sutherlin have loved that, or what?), and she had three dutch ovens going to go with the ham. One had green bean casserole, another had cheesy hash browns, and the last one had a pineapple upside-down cake. It was a FEAST! The best thing is that I'll be having delicious ham sandwiches all week. Gay kept the ham bone, and I gave her my mom's recipe for Black Bean Soup that is best with a big ole ham bone. It will be the gift that will keep on giving!

Easter at church was fine. I had to be there at 7:15 for bell practice. The 8:00 service had the children's program. This is where my dad had to play my husband... ick... but it went very well, except for the fact that my dad didn't realize he was performing at the 8:00 service. He thought he was in the 10:30 service. He got there right in time to go on. Thank goodness I called! We had a nice breakfast between services, and the kids had an Easter egg hunt. Then choir sang at the 10:30 service. I was tired, but it was nice morning. After the big dinner at Gay's, I went home and had a nice long nap. Great day!

Now, I have three days to get grades done, do laundry, etc. Also, I'm watching Jack & Emma for awhile tomorrow while Suzanne gets her hair cut. Then on Wednesday, I'm ushering for a traveling company of The Lion , the Witch, and the Wardrobe that's coming to the Sondheim Center. I'm slacking today, which I'm totally OK with :), but I really need to get busy tomorrow. I have to work now so I can play at the end of the week. On Thursday, I'm headed up to the Twin Cities to see Jeff. I haven't been up there since two years ago on spring break, so I'm really looking forward to it! I have to get there more often, that's all there is to it.

Hope you all had a nice Easter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...