* It's Africa hot at school, and my room isn't even upstairs. I feel for everyone up there, and as I'm sweating, I must remember never to complain. I remember the 9 years that my classroom was upstairs. Ugh. I was miserable today, and I was alone in the room. Pile 22 adolescent bodies on top of that sundae of awesomeness, and see what kind of glorious funk you get then. I'll let you know next Wednesday.
* I'm on Day 6 of the Headache from Hades. I went back to the doctor today, and they decided to run a CT scan. I'm happy to report that I do not have a brain tumor. I most likely, however, will require another sinus surgery (had the first one in college) to clear up this little issue for good. Lovely.
* I really did not mean this to be a griping post. I'll turn it around now.
* Tomorrow I get to have lunch with Suzanne. Yea!
* I've been tutoring a boy named Mark in the mornings. He & I are having a ball reading Choose Your Own Adventure books together. They're extra cool on the Kindle too because you just click the choice, and it whisks you right there. I am not embarrassed to admit that I downloaded Mystery of the Maya quite a long time ago because it was my very very favorite one when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. Mark & I started Journey Under the Sea today, and it's pretty fun too. It sucks me right back to elementary school. I loved these books so much!
* I have the funniest picture to put into our Back To School slideshow. Our principal always asks for pictures from what the teachers did over the summer. We watch the slideshow during our first meeting as a building staff. I haven't seen all the Annie pictures yet, but I asked the photographer if he'd send me one good one as Miss Hannigan to put into the slideshow. Wow, did he send a winner. I look completely psychotic. If this won't keep the vermin away, I don't know what will! I think I should keep a copy of this picture on my classroom door to welcome my new students! LOL
* Finally, yesterday I totally cut my hair off. 8 inches gone. It's now a curly wild pile on my head, and I'm really liking it. I don't know what possessed me exactly, but I'm happy with it. I needed a change, I guess.
A little sidebar here... could it possibly be any more awkward taking your own photo? Do you smile? Do you look serious? Do you try to act natural? I just went with the "OK, you asked for a picture, Facebook Friends... now you've got it" approach. Awkward.