Sunday, February 15, 2009

Post V-Day Glee

Valentine's Day is a completely different beast when you have someone in your life.  Andrew and I started off yesterday rehearsing with Tom and LeAnne for "Saturday Night at the Sondheim" which will be on Sat., February 21.  We had a good time.  I think it's going to be a new and fun experience performing with Andrew on stage.  True, this is no huge thing, but I think it will be fun.  

Why do flowers look and feel so much better when you get them from a boyfriend???  I got a beautiful bouquet of mixed flowers, and it's STUNNING.  Vibrant and colorful.  That's all I'll say to the world about the gift exchange, except to say that things couldn't have been more perfect!

We didn't really have plans for the evening... we talked about several different options.  In the end, we went to Ottumwa to a really good Mexican restaurant that is both bright yellow and basically under a bridge.  Good food.  Then, we went to see Slumdog Millionaire.  This is pretty much the only Academy Award nominated movie within 45 minutes of Fairfield.  Frustrating.  The movie was good.  I didn't LOVE it, but I liked it a lot.  It will be interesting to see if it wins Best Picture.  

All in all, I'm just grateful this year.  What an interesting feeling to have on Valentine's Day.  Grateful and happy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...