Monday, April 25, 2011

Pity Party

I feel like I'm 10 again. And not in a good way.
I'm blue.
I'm sad.
I feel like the world is ending.
I know it's selfish and childish.
But I can't help it.
My everyday best friend is moving away.
And it's terrible.
And if that weren't bad enough,
She's taking her two kids with her.
I know I've been spoiled having her here so close.
And I know that Southeast Polk isn't that far.
It's just that there's no one like her.

Some of my favorite Suzanne memories:
* stalking Family Video for Sex & the City dvd's
* camping when Emma was a baby at Lake Lacey
* a variety of Christmas crafts and our yearly Christmas goodie factory
* Emma's baby shower
* taking Emma to see her new baby brother Jack
* helping Suzanne take the kids to have their pictures taken
* swimming with her in the summer in her pool
* laughing laughing laughing
* going w/ Suzanne & Heather to see Spring Awakening
* when Suzanne drove me to Iowa City so I could mail my National Boards box after I pulled an all-nighter
* being narrators in Joseph
* craft night!
* going w/ Jason & Suzanne up to Mankato to see Stephen in Miss Saigon
* surf and turf in her kitchen w/ lobsters Kevin brought from Rhode Island
* birthday parties for all of us for all ages
* having Jack tell me "dat for people" when I was buying my backpack... I said, "Jack, I'm people!" He said, "No, you're Tena."

I have too many memories, and it's making me sad to write about them. I'm happy about Jason's new job. It's a great opportunity for their family. I'm happy about them being closer to their families. But mostly, I'm sad and selfish. I'm going to miss my friend.

1 comment:

  1. Awww. D: I'm very sorry.
    She was my fourth grade teacher. D: I was very sad when I heard that they were leaving. D: D: D:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...