Monday, May 16, 2011

Busy Spring

Wow. I haven't posted since my pathetic Suzanne post. A lot has happened since then. Here are some of the highlights:

* The 6th grade GOAL kids went to Nauvoo. It was a blast, and we had a beautiful day. They geocached for the first time, and it was so exciting when they found their first cache. I can't wait to geocache in Europe when I go this summer.

* I had my birthday! 39 years young. It was a low-key day which was a teeny bit depressing at the time, but Andrew gave me flowers and a very nice card. The best birthday present, however, is that he's putting a new roof on my house. It might not sound romantic to everyone, but let me tell you, I think it's awesome. I love him so.

* The 8th grade GOAL kids went on their overnight to Des Moines. We did a lot of cool things like the Des Moines Art Center, the State Historical Museum, a tour of Drake campus... but... the CoOlEsT thing was the Body Worlds exhibit at the Science Center of Iowa. Wowzaaaaaaaaa! I was in complete awe. I don't even have the words except to say that you must get to Des Moines to see this exhibit before it leaves. We also saw the Hubble IMAX movie which ranked a close second... best IMAX ever. Mind-boggling, in fact. The kids were good, we learned a lot, and we had a good time. What more can you ask?

* Avery needs his teeth cleaned again. $350 bucks. I know it's important, but HE'S A DOG. I have a hard time with this part of having a dog. Does anyone else think that's ridiculous, or am I the one being ridiculous?

* I got a very nice award. I was honored as the Business and Professional Women's School Employee of the Year. I went to a nice ceremony and received a certificate. There were several different categories of women honored, and I was proud to be there with them. Thank you, BPW! I know my dear Helen was smiling down on me. She just lived for BPW.

* I've been riding my bike to school a lot. I look like such a dork, but it's felt to good to be moving and not have to get in my car to go those tiny few blocks to school. As long as the weather is nice, my cute bike and lame-but-necessary bike helmet will be seen on the roads.

* Andrew's Holly is home from her year in Japan. I'm glad she made it safely. The world is her oyster right now. It will be interesting to see where she ends up and what she'll be doing.

* I'm headed to Emma's ball game in a bit. I'm going to pick her and Jack up and spend the evening with them while Suzanne is at rehearsal. I need to cherish times like this!

Whew! Guess that catches things up a bit. Now, everyone hum the Miss Gulch theme song and imagine the following image with a chubbier girl and a silver bike helmet instead of the hat. I'm ready to hop on and head home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...