Monday, April 4, 2011

Randomness

* We had a great opening weekend of Into the Woods. I was lucky enough to have Tracy here on Friday to see the show and to spend the night. It was a short visit, but we crammed a lot in... long hours of talking, Revelation's, and Crepe Escape! Brenton, my class helper from Wabash Arts Camp, also drove over from Shenandoah for opening night. I was so glad to see him! Mike and Betty drove over from Dexter for Saturday's show. It was so great to see them, and they'd never been to the Sondheim Center before. They were impressed!

* Geof Northridge hosted a great cast party on Sunday night after our matinee. It was fun, but I was tired. Plus, it was 84 freaking degrees on Sunday. What is up with that? It made it extra warm in the theatre. I love my costume, but it was sticking to me like glue! Thank goodness we only have one matinee in this run. Matinees are not my thing.

* I had a meeting this afternoon in Ottumwa. I always enjoy the TAG networking meetings. It's great to collaborate with other TAG teachers in the area, and I always enjoy driving over with our elementary TAG teacher, Ann Hektoen. Sometimes it seems like those are the only times we see each other face to face instead of communicating through e-mail.

* Right now I'm sitting in auditions for FACT's summer show, Willy Wonka. Andrew & I can't audition because our trip to the U.K. will conflict with the show. We're both FACT board members, so we're here to help. We thought it would be a quick and easy job, but it turns out that between 75 & 100 people have shown up just on the first night! This is a great problem to have, but we weren't expecting to be here all night. Luckily, I have internet access and have been working on some homework and updating this poor, neglected blog!

* Have you been watching the eagles in Decorah? I'm sort of obsessed. 2 of the 3 eggs have hatched. I love popping in on them during the day. Today I saw the 2 babies being fed. Cute! And a little gross! But cute! :) Watch here if you have yet to check them out!









Live Videos by Ustream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...