Thursday, January 31, 2013

Snow Day #3

On Monday morning, I walked in just a sweatshirt and was actually too warm.  It was over 50 degrees before the sun even came up.  Tonight, the temperature is 5 degrees with a wind chill of -16.  Yeah.  Welcome to Iowa.

Yesterday we had a snow day, our third to be exact, but only the first since the New Year.  I'm busy with musical rehearsals, and like always, we can never afford to miss a day.  This morning we had a late start, and that's much more my style in January & February.  If my school day didn't start until 10:00 every day, I'd be the happiest camper alive.  Even just that extra 45 minutes this morning before the alarm went off was a gift.  There's a big difference between 5:45 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. in this night owl's book.

Now I'm procrastinating leaving school.  I need to venture out into the arctic tundra and go home.  Maybe I could just sleep here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...