Saturday, April 11, 2009

Weekly Update

This was a short week for the kids.  They had Good Friday off.  We had an inservice day.  In the morning, we worked to incorporate Formative Assessments into our Backwards Design units... sorry for the jargon.  I got a good start with what I wanted to do, but my head was definitely swimming by the end of the morning.  Sometimes my area of Talented and Gifted education doesn't fit nicely into the parameters of the box given.  Productive morning, but a little frustrating.  I'll get it though... more attention required.  In the afternoon, we learned how to Podcast.  This is something I REALLY wanted to learn because a few teachers had done it in their classes, and the outcome is way cool.  I can see a ton of uses for it, so I'm anxious to try it with my students.  I think we were all hoping to get out a little early, but we ended up staying past 3:30 to try to get everything done.  I was into it though, so I didn't mind.

This morning I woke up with a whopper of a headache, so I haven't been accomplishing much.  It's a beautiful day though, so I'm determined to get off my rear and get outside to pick up sticks.  I need to get that done before spring cleanup.  Andrew and I might be going to a concert tonight, but his son is home sick, and my head is really giving me fits, so the concert might be out of the picture.  We'll see.

Tomorrow will be a big day at church.  Easter Sunday.  I have to be there at 7:00 am.  UGH.  The kids' program is at 8:00, then there's a breakfast, and then choir sings at 10:30.  I'll definitely be napping tomorrow afternoon!  :)

Last night Andrew and I watched A Fish Called Wanda.  That movie is so funny.  I hadn't seen it in ages.  I'll never forget the first time I saw it.  It was the summer after my sophomore year, and I went with my friend Nathan.  We laughed so hard that I had tears, and I thought I was going to fall out of the chair.  A couple of weeks later, I went with another friend, and she was offended by the humor.  You could have heard a pin drop.  I was scared to even chuckle.  It's weird how things can be funnier (or not), depending on who's sharing them with you.

I'm working to get the GOAL end-of-the-year trips all scheduled.  I love going on them, but I hate having to miss so much school.  I don't know if there's any way to remedy that.  I also have to miss days for the 8th grade trip to Adventureland and to grade 8th grade alternate reading assessments.  I hate being out of the classroom so much.  I better not get sick between now and the end of the year.  That's the last thing I need!

Well, that's enough randomness for now.  Have a Happy Easter, everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Podcasting is a great tool for teachers. Its a great way to make sure students understand the material

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...