Monday, July 28, 2008

How did I LIVE without internet at home??????

I've officially had internet at home for 72 hours.  My brain and eyes pretty much feel like they're going to explode from staring at the computer screen pretty much nonstop.  But, it's a good feeling.  When my former student Sarah wrote her blog entry about how addictive Facebook was, I scoffed.  Oh yes, I scoffed.  Addictive?  Bah.  Well, Facebook is seriously a drug.  A DRUG, people!  I am having so much fun on it.  I've found people that I haven't spoken to in years.  And, it's not like we're all going to pick up right where we left off and become the best of friends, but... it's just cool to know where they are and what they're doing.  Also, this is really the best form of communication for my darling little brother.  He can't be bothered to visit, call, or e-mail, but I've caught him on Facebook a couple of times, and a quick 2-exchange banter during a live chat seems to be something he can handle.  Yea!  Plus, this fiber optics connection is so blessed fast.  It is spoiling me, I tell you all!

OK.  I can calm down a little now.  I'm hoping that at the end of this third day (remember how I said I was going to give myself one day to play???), I am reaching the end of the "new toy" phase.  I did manage to start working on the front closet and the kitchen, but I really didn't get anything accomplished.  I need to get in gear.  

Tomorrow, I'm going with Suzanne to get Jack's & Emma's pictures taken.  We're also getting school supplies.  Emma will be starting kindergarten.  I can't believe that she's 5 years old.  It doesn't seem possible.  Time flies so fast the older I get.  My two kindergarten classes are both graduated, with the second class headed off to college this fall.  Can I really be this old????  Wow.  It's both amazing and depressing at the same time.  

Well, I think on that mixed note, I'll close for now.  And by close, I mean that I'll check Facebook one more time before I shut down.  ;)  Night, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...