Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cranky Gripe Alert

Don't say I didn't warn you. But Blogspot is getting on my nerves. For some reason, it's not doing what I want it to do. First of all, I like having paragraphs in my blog. If you look below, everything is all jumbled together, and no matter what I do, I can't get it to change. Also, my counter isn't showing up. Plus, my Delta Kappa Gamma booklist at the bottom of the page has just seemed to disappear. It's frustrating because I've directed people to this page just for my booklist, so I feel like an idiot... my favorite feeling in the whole world. ha. We'll see if it cooperates with me today. I'm not holding my breath.

OK, enough bitching. I have just finished my 2nd day of camp. I have great kids... so enthusiastic and fun. There are only two of us staying in the house this year. I miss the other ladies, but it's nice and quiet. It's like a resort! My schedule is cake... it's basically 8-2 every day. I have the last period off. Yesterday when I went home, I had a 2 1/2 hour nap! I can't remember the last time I've done that. It felt good! After supper, I went on a nice walk. It was muggy, but Shenandoah is such a neat town. I love the area where I stay... so many unique homes and tons of big, old trees.

Each of my classes is doing a performance on the last day. They've each chosen a song, and they've helped me figure out some of the things they want to do during the song. Tonight my challenge is to coordinate all those ideas into some choreography to teach them tomorrow. We'll work hard tomorrow, practice again and play some games on Thursday, and then we'll put the finishing touches on during our shortened class on Friday. We perform Friday afternoon. It's pretty intense, and tomorrow will be the hardest day... not made any easier by it being Parents' Day. Parents will be wandering in and out of the classes all day long. It's probably a good check for my patience level though.

Tonight I'm meeting Kevin and Alicia downtown, and we're going to see Dark Knight. I'm sure it will be good, but it will not compare in my mind to Mamma Mia. I just got the soundtrack today. YEA! Tomorrow night, Kevin and Alicia are having some of the teachers out to the cabin where they're staying. Then on Thursday, we all have a dinner together, and that's the night we get paid, so it's very popular. ;) Then after the showcase on Friday, we take time to clean everything up and put our props away before heading home.

I'm actually anxious to get home and continue the de-cluttering. My plan is to start with the front closet, and then tackle the kitchen over the weekend. I'll only have the spare bedroom left upstairs, and it's not ever too cluttered, but I've been sorting and holding stuff in there while working in other rooms, so I have that stuff to deal with. I really hope I can keep it nice. I've never been known for my abundance of willpower, but I do want to keep it uncluttered. I'm going to have to be strict with myself.

Well, my time on the computer in the Shenandoah Public Library is drawing to a close, so I'll sign off for now...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl! The "blog gods" must be doing their thing, because it's all there today...the Delta Kappa Gamma booklist, the counter, the paragraphing...rock on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...