Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekly Update

Well, the show opened, and it was AMAZING!!!! Our audiences, however, though very enthusiastic, were quite small. Sigh. Come on, Iowa! You don't need to wait to hear from every neighbor's uncle's mother-in-law that the show is good before you get off your butts to go see it! OK, I'm done venting.

The BEST part of the weekend was having Tracy here for opening night. We figured out that she hasn't seen me on stage since Mame, and that was in 2000, I think! We went out with the cast to Vivo after the show, and then we went over to Gay's house (she's our assistant director and my good friend). It was such a fun night. She left when I had to go to the theatre on Saturday, so it was a short trip, but so fun. I miss her already!

Yesterday was really intense with two shows, but the thing about this show is that it moves so fast, you don't even have time to think about being tired. Who am I kidding? You barely have time to think about catching a breath! We do it without an intermission, so it chugs right along. I'm so proud of it!

Today after our show, we grabbed some lunch from Hy-Vee and took it to Chautauqua Park to eat. Most of the cast was there. We tossed around the football (I was tackled by a stationary barbecue grill... don't ask), and laughed and had a general good time. All the young 'uns are having a game night tonight, but I have excused myself from the festivities. I have to leave the house at 6:30 tomorrow morning for a conference in Iowa City. So I'm at school now, getting ready for my sub. It's a two day conference, so I have a lot to plan. Luckily, Gay is my sub, and she's been in my classroom a lot, so it won't be too stressful... I hope!

Rehearsals start tomorrow night for Pippin. I hate this whole setup of going to the first rehearsal to find out what part you have. A little too much drama for my taste, but oh well. I definitely don't have my hopes up because there's just not a good part for me in the show. I'm just excited to be part of FACT's first show on the Sondheim Center stage.

Tuesday night I have to be at school for 5th grade orientation. I haven't had to do it in so long because I haven't had 6th graders. I understand the need for it, but it was never one of my favorite things when I had to do it before. I'm going to try to have an attitude adjustment before then. :)

Wednesday night I have a FA&CC theater programming committee meeting and then church choir.

Thursday we start up again performing. We'll have 5 shows this weekend instead of 4, so it will be busy, busy, busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...