Friday, April 11, 2008

Burning the Candle at Both Ends

This is going to be an intense week, that's for sure. Take last night. I had a meeting at school at 4:30 for the Delta Kappa Gamma initiation coming up next week. I had Civic Center board at 5:00, so I went there late, eating some fruit and a hard boiled egg in the car for supper. I stayed at that meeting until a little after 7:00, when I ran into the theatre for rehearsal until 10:30. The poor dog thought he'd been abandoned by the time I got home! Luckily, practice tomorrow doesn't start until 10:30, and I'm going to get a little extra sleep. It's hard, because several of the kids in the show (I say kids, lumping them all together. Some are as old as 28 or so, but...) are here JUST to do the show. After rehearsals, they go out, watch movies, etc. Sigh. I miss those days of no responsibility! I'd love to go with them, but I've been so tired at school already this week, I know it would be just plain stupid. It sucks to be a grownup! :)

Blessings: Today I'm grateful for opportunity. Despite my longing for a carefree life, I love being in Godspell and working with the cast. We haven't had any drama in the cast yet, and I hope it stays that way. Everyone is really getting along.

I'm also grateful for my health... in the sense that I'm staying well at this point... everyone hope that holds out for the next month! But, also in a greater sense. Since spring break, I've been really trying to take better care of myself. God knows I'm getting exercise... the dancing in the show is about doing me in! ;) But, I also haven't had any pop since spring break... not even my beloved Diet Mountain Dew! I have had next to no sugar... just some in fruit and about 10 m&m's that I didn't pick out of a handful of trail mix that I had for a snack one day. I know I feel better when I eat like this, so I just have to keep plugging along. It's not really hard. When I avoid white flour and white sugar, and I eat at least 5 times a day with small meals, like I'm doing, I'm never dying of hunger in between. It's just tempting to eat out for convenience, or eat things that are terrible for me when I'm with friends. I'm grateful that I'm at the end of week 2 though, and I'm still hanging in there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...