Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Quarantine Diary, Entry #5

It's weird to think that I've been busy, but I have felt busy during this time.  Busy but rested.  I've been doing things that I normally don't have time to think about doing.  Yesterday, I spent all day organizing the craft room/office and unpacking boxes that hadn't been touched since I moved here in 2014 after Andrew's and my wedding! 

Andrew taught me how to play chess earlier this week.  I SUCK.  I need way more practice.  It's frustrating, but in time, I think it will be something fun and he and I can do together.  Right now, I'm thinking way too much and not really enjoying it that much.  But it will come.  I have also wanted to play chess with the kids at school.  Before I was the teacher, GOAL classes always had a chess unit, but I scrapped it because I didn't know how to play.  Now, I don't have an excuse! 



Today, I started transferring old VHS tapes to digital format.  I found some cords that Andrew and I bought YEARS ago for this process.  I wasn't sure they'd even work anymore, but they do.  It's a time-consuming process, but I know it will be worth it.  Today, I transferred a production of Evita and musical theatre troupe from college as well as Matt's junior high swing choir, my high school concert choir, my 16th birthday party, and my stint as mayor in a mock city council meeting for Student Government Day my junior year.  Nice trips down memory lane.  More movies to transfer tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...