Monday, April 6, 2020

Quarantine Diary, Entry #3

Last night we had our first fire of the year in the fire pit.  It was perfect.  I also got my bike out yesterday.  Andrew pumped my tires up, and I was ready to go.  My butt is definitely feeling it today, but it was great to get out for a spin.  I biked 5 miles, and it was sunny and cool.  Aside from cracking my phone when I got home, it was a really perfect afternoon.




I'm going to be asking the kids to reflect on how they feel during this time.  How do I feel?  I am OK most of the time, but I have had some anxiety-filled moments where I really have to talk myself down.  There are times when it truly does feel like the end of days.  In those moments, I go for a walk or meditate or play with the dog.  I've been able to successfully talk myself down from the ledge every time so far.  There are times when I feel lazy and guilty for not doing anything.  Then, when I reflect, I know that I AM doing things.  I also know that I need to slow down... maybe we all do.  Maybe, in a way, this is the universe telling us all to slow down a little bit and appreciate what we have and who we have.  I'm determined to stay positive and flexible.  This virus is not something that will be changed with my impatience or with anyone's impatience, for that matter.  We have to go with the flow, let previous plans go, and just try to do the best we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...