Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Quarantine Diary, Entry #2

4/1

I'm definitely starting to lose track of the days.  How many days of quarantine have we had?  Does it even matter?  :)

Today we had a staff meeting on Zoom.  It was nice to see everyone's faces.  The Department of Education has given some more guidelines about what we can do, so I'm anxious to get some things online for my kids and to set up some Zoom sessions for us all to see each other.  I don't know if everyone has internet access (that's one of my big fears right now), but I hope to see as many as I can.

It was absolutely beautiful here today.  Georgie and I went on a 3-mile walk, and it pretty much did us both in.  But the day was sunny and cool.  I didn't even need a sweatshirt.  Things are starting to really bloom.  The tulip trees were really showing their stuff today.


I cleaned my room and got the last picture on the wall today (after 5 years of living here).  "My room" is where I keep most of my clothes and makeup table, etc.  Grandma's old futon is in here too.  It makes a really nice meditation room for Andrew and me, and it can even be an extra bedroom when needed, which it has a couple of times.  The last picture to go up was my autographed picture of Julie Andrews.  Now it REALLY feels like my space.  :)


Andrew and I are living well.  We've been eating well and watching good movies and reading.  I've been trying to look at this time away from the real world and real life as a gift.  It's terrible that it has to come in the form of a pandemic, but I feel like I've been taking care of myself, my home, and my marriage in a way that hasn't had my complete focus and attention.  Now I can ease my students back into that picture, and it's going to be a way that's not pressured or stressful, I hope.  Nothing will be required or graded, but we can have contact.  I've missed the kids a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...