Sunday, March 6, 2011

They Did It!!!

The kids pulled it off. Bye Bye Birdie went so well. I always stand at the back of the house during performances, really letting the kids run the show. I had been worried all week that the show wouldn't be far enough along for me to feel comfortable doing that. But... never underestimate the power of middle school kids. They made it happen. I was so proud of them and their performances. I had a lot of young, inexperienced kids in this show, and I hope this was the first of many shows they do in their school careers.

A set of ambitious, generous parents hosted the cast party after the show on Friday night, and then I went home and crashed. I rehearsed for much of the day on Saturday and then performed in the Way Off Broadway cabaret show at the Country Club. I had church this morning, and then I FINALLY could rest. I had a 2 1/2 hour nap this afternoon that was simply delicious. Now I'm at school, trying to catch up on everything... key word: TRYING! I'll get there. It's just so nice to know that my busiest week of the year is behind me... WHEW!

P.S. This stressful weekend is making me have the weirdest dreams. Today I dreamed that I had a voice lesson with Stan Brown (that would be AWESOME, but it never happened), and that my check had bounced. I was humiliated. I also dreamed that I drank almost an entire 20 oz. Pepsi before I realized what I'd done (I haven't drunk caffeine since the end of November, and let me tell you, there's nothing more I wanted this week than a big icy cold Diet Mountain Dew. I drowned my sorrows with Cadbury Mini Eggs instead. God, I love those things.), and that Pepsi was sooooo good. I could seriously feel it bubbling down my throat. I need more sleep. It seems I always dream weird things when I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you've had such an amazing weekend! So sorry you can't have a Diet Mt. Dew - Pepsi is no substitute, even in a dream! :) Good luck catching up - and have fun with the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...