Thursday, March 3, 2011

Randomness

So I haven't felt like blogging in over a month. What's up with that?

Since I blogged last, life has been flying by...

1. I went to the Twin Cities to see Jeff play Albert Peterson in Bye Bye Birdie. He was amazing. I was so proud to know him and be in the audience.

2. Andrew and I went to Martini's in Burlington for Valentine's Day. Now, that is one amazing place. Great food, great atmosphere, great drinks. It was a lovely evening. Andrew gave me a beautiful blue topaz pendant on a gold chain that he had ordered specially to go with it. I love love love it. I gave him Ken Burns' National Parks documentary. I think he likes it, but every time we watch it, he starts to fall asleep. Hm. :)

3. I finished the play Waiting for Oprah. We had small houses, but I was proud of our work. The cast got really close, and we loved being on stage together. I miss seeing all of them every day!

4. I've been singing with the Way Off Broadway cabaret group which has been fun. It's been a lot more rehearsal time than I'd planned on, but I love singing in 4+ part harmony, and I love performing with Margaret Clair. I didn't sing with the first one, but I'm performing with all the rest. There are 4 all together. The third one this Saturday night and has a Sondheim theme.

5. The middle school play opens tonight. I'm so totally exhausted. I don't know why this one feels so overwhelming. I guess I just forget what it feels like each year. Last week I had strep throat, and I think I'm just not bouncing back like I'd hoped. That's probably some of the fatigue. I think they're ready. It's not as polished as I'd like, and some of the scene changes are still rough, but I know the audience will like it. Bye Bye Birdie in its full-length form is a big bite for middle school kids. I'm anxious to see it tonight... I know the kids will have fun performing for an audience. They're definitely ready to get some laughs and applause.

6. Next week I start rehearsals for Into the Woods. I am completely thrilled because I get to play the Baker's Wife again... my very very very favorite part I've ever played. I just cannot wait. Andrew is playing the Steward, so it will be fun to do a show together again. I know I should pretty much be committed for doing four shows in the span of less than 4 months, but I could NEVER turn down a chance at Into the Woods. It's going to mean that I really don't even get a spring break this year, but I don't care. It's going to be worth it!

Hopefully now, I can be back in the swing of blogging. I think I was so busy, I just couldn't take a moment to even reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...