Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tum Yum Soup


Tonight at Noodle House, I realized my love for Andrew tastes like Tum Yum Soup. I got teary when I tried to explain it to him. I know it sounds weird. But tonight, as I slurped my bowl of Tum Yum, I was sucked back in time a year ago. I was sick as a dog with H1N1. I can't even remember when I've been that sick before. Andrew fed me every day while I was sick, handing off bags of food through a crack in the door so we wouldn't pass on my infestation. As I started to feel better and to be able to taste more and more and to think about going back to school after missing a week, one of the things that hit the spot was take out Tum Yum Soup that he brought me from Noodle House. That soup tastes like love to me because it reminds me that I'm not alone. I remember feeling so thankful and happy that I had someone to take care of me when I needed it. I didn't need to feel guilty for asking. I didn't need to try to pay him back. I didn't need to do anything but let him love me. So nice. :)

When you've been alone for a long time, nothing tastes better than the love in some Tum Yum Soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...