Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's, Etc.

It's been so crazy, I haven't had a chance to post since Valentine's Day. Some of you may remember that I was sicker than a dog with H1N1 in October. It took about 6-8 weeks to feel better, but one of the worst lasting effects was that I lost my glasses! I had them at the Iowa/Michigan game that Saturday, and by the time I was ready to go back to school a week later, my glasses were missing in action. I have no idea where they are; I have the case, but I have no glasses. I was completely out of my mind that week, and I guess I'm happy my glasses are the only thing I lost, but still... I LOVED those glasses! I bought them w/ my first National Boards check, and they were perfect. I've been wearing my old ones, but they just aren't the same. Fast forward to Valentine's Day. When I opened my present from Andrew, I found a glasses case. Inside the glasses case were MY GLASSES! He'd gone to Eyeowa Optical (yes, that's really the name), talked with the optician, and had her order my same frames and prescription. I have my glasses back! It was such a thoughtful and sweet present, and I love them (I love Andrew as well!).

I'm smack in the middle of a craaaaaaazy week. I made it through the first night of conferences last night. Today the 6th grade GOAL students went to Invent Iowa in Burlington (we have one invention going to state and one alternate... yea, kids!). Tomorrow we have conferences again, and then Friday is our first dress rehearsal for the middle school play. Whew... I hope I make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...