Saturday, January 3, 2009

Post-Vacation Blues

Today I'm battling the post-vacation blues.  I'm home.  It's fine.  I'm glad to see my dog.  I'm glad to see my friends.  But... sigh... I just have the blues.  There's no other way to describe it.  I miss my cousins!  We had such a good time together.  I know I should write about the last part of my fabulous trip, but right now, it just makes me sad.  Maybe I'll finish it later, but for now, I'll post some pics at least.

The day on the shooting range was one of my favorites.  Here I'm shooting the 38, but the 44 was definitely my favorite.  


Cameron and Claire lighting the flamethrower of death :) for a picnic around the campfire.  In the background, you can see one of the old mining shacks on the property.


I'm modeling by the muddy four-wheeler.  I ripped it up with this baby!


These trees grow right out of the rock by Claire's hidden waterfall.  They're so beautiful, and they could go over pretty much at any second.  The rocks they grow from look like ancient walls of an old castle.  It's amazing.


On my last full day at the ranch, we hiked up the mountain to see where they're clearing some underbrush and small trees.  Here are Kelly and Cameron taking a little break.


the view from the shooting range


On this day, we all rode ATV's up the mountain for a picnic.  Steve and Kelly are leading the caravan in this pic.  It was a BLAST!


Claire, Kate, Celeste, and Briana are in the Mule, waiting to show Brad and Ted the way into the ranch.


Kate and Claire and I in the tepee on New Year's Eve



On TJ & Noah's last day at the ranch, we took the ATV's up the mountain for a short ride.  The sun was just setting over the mountain behind us, and everything was golden.  


Claire and I are standing in front of Elaine Cassidy's bridge.  Miss Cassidy was an "entertainer" of sorts during the mining days.  The boys of the ranch were not allowed by her house.  It mysteriously burned to the ground one day, and she disappeared.  Hmm... ;)

The best part of the trip, though, was absolutely my family.  I'm so lucky and so blessed.  We had a great time together with lots of laughs, hugs, and fun.  And I need to stop typing now before I make myself upset!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Some serious toys, some serious fun and some seriously beautiful country...I wouldn't want to leave either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the blues too:(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...