Sunday, November 16, 2008

Random Word Associations

Just a little glimpse into the how things work in my head.  This is not premeditated.  I'm just going for it.

Green apple
tart
pecan
A Year Down Yonder
Diana
radio
nature
Jefferson County Park
Avery
Jeff
bridge
camera
bronchitis
Dr. Larson
Vicodin
Spamalot
Wabash Arts Camp
Shenandoah
trail
Tracy
walk
horses
Jenny
wood pile
saddle
imagination
brake
Dad
motorcycle
scar
race
gravel
helmet
farm
pasture
Trinket
tears
morel mushrooms
Grandpa Sutherlin
family

Now, the explanation...

I'm  drinking a Green apple Izze soda which is
tart.
A pecan is something in tarts 
which reminds me of the book A Year Down Yonder.
I think my friend Diana would be perfect if that book were made into a play.
Diana hosts a radio show with Therese
who works in the nature center
at Jefferson County Park
where I like to take Avery for walks.
Jeff, Duane, Avery, and I walked there when they were here for Mandie's wedding,
and I took a lot of pictures with my camera.
That weekend I got bronchitis
and had to see Dr. Larson
which reminded me of when I threw my back out and he prescribed me Vicodin.
That made seeing Spamalot in Des Moines a whole new adventure.
That was the weekend I left for my second summer at Wabash Arts Camp
in Shenandoah.
The Wabash Trace trail goes through there, but it starts in Council Bluffs,
and Tracy and I 
went on a walk there this summer.
There are horses on the trail, and Tracy is hoping they help her get over her fear.
This reminded me of my pony, Jenny, that I got for my fourth birthday.
But before I had her, I would take a big log from the woodpile
and saddle it up, pretending I was riding.
I always had a huge imagination,
and I would pretend everywhere, even in the car, steering and pushing my "brake
when Dad did.
For my eighth birthday, he got me my own motorcycle.
I have a scar on my knee
from a wipeout during a race with my stepsister Melanie.
I crashed on the gravel road,
and I didn't have a helmet on, which was totally against my dad's rules.
This all made me think of Dad's farm
and playing out in the pasture
and watching my dog Trinket follow my dad out in the field, even when she got old 
and my dad's tears when she died... the first time I saw him ever cry.
I've looked about everywhere on the farm for morel mushrooms,
which always makes me think of my Grandpa Sutherlin... I wish I'd known him.
I'm blessed with a wonderful family.

1 comment:

  1. I like you how updated your blog! I love this e-mail, my brain works like this too...I just haven't analyzed it to this extent!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...