Monday, November 3, 2008

Blessings for Today

I was just sitting here having a little pity party, so before it sinks any deeper, I'm going to focus on my blessings for today.  Welcome to my cheap therapy.

1.  What a beautiful day.  It was so beautiful, it was almost unreal.  I took Avery out to Jefferson County Park after school and we hiked over to the swinging bridge.  It cracks me up seeing him cross.  He's OK until about halfway across when it really starts bouncing.  Please don't turn me in to the Humane Society, but it's really funny.

2.  Day 1 of ITBS testing is done... only 2 more to go for me this week.  I can only focus on one week at a time when it comes to this, but for this week, I'm almost halfway done.

3.  I'm so excited to vote tomorrow.  I can't help it.  I love voting.  Elections and voting are blessings I try to never take for granted.  We are blessed to live in a country where we have the freedom to elect our leaders.

4.  Last night I got to walk at Chautauqua Park with Suzanne, Jack, & Emma, and then we had pizza for supper.  It was beautiful yesterday too... we have to get out and enjoy these days while they last.

5.  My dad stood up in church yesterday and offered up our Saturday trip to Des Moines and my National Board Certification as a celebration.  That meant a lot to me because it showed me he really does get how important it was to me.

OK.  I feel better.  Complete meltdown averted.

1 comment:

  1. This is the type of therapy we all need to verbalize... to help us realize that we truly are fortunate, and blessed, in so many ways. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...