Sunday, September 30, 2012

Jiro Dreams of Sushi

Jiro Ono: "Once you decide on your occupation... you must immerse yourself in your work. You have to fall in love with your work. Never complain about your job. You must dedicate your life to mastering your skill. That's the secret of success... and is the key to being regarded honorably."

This quote comes from a wonderful documentary I saw called Jiro Dreams of Sushi. Check out the trailer here: 


The quote above from Jiro really hit me. I'm torn between believing it and feeling like I need to be the squeaky wheel. I'm concerned in so many ways about where American public education is going. Maybe there's a way to stand up for what's right without just complaining. That sounds honorable, right?

Well, enough about me. See this movie. Added bonus if you love sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...