Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November Gratitude #22

November 22: Today I'm grateful for traditions. The holidays are full of them. I'm ready for my stepmom's stuffing on Thursday. I'm ready to make holiday goodies with my friend Suzanne (the miles between us CANNOT keep us from this annual event). I'm ready to decorate my house with my mom's Christmas decorations. I love this time of year. It makes me miss my loved ones so acutely, but I also feel, in a way, like I'm keeping them alive in me by doing all the things we did together.

Today, my pecan halves from the Tri-T fundraiser came in. I'll be using them to make my Aunt Rita's pecans. She was a spunky southern lady, and I'll remember her fondly as I make and eat these delicious treats!

Aunt Rita's Pecans

1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
2 T. orange juice
1 c. pecan halves

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 15 x 10" pan, and also a sheet of foil or wax paper. In medium bowl, combine sugar and orange juice. Blend well. Add pecans. Toss to coat. Spread on prepared pan. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until bubbly and dark golden brown, stirring occasionally. Immediately spread on prepared foil/was paper. Cool. Break apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...