Sunday, November 20, 2011

November Gratitude 19 & 20

November 19: Yesterday I was grateful for having enough. I thought of all the people in this world who are hungry, homeless, or alone. I was happy for having enough of what I need. It's a very peaceful feeling when you realize that even when times are tough, or even if you don't have everything you want, you DO have enough.

November 20: I'm grateful for memories. As I looked at the change in my hand this morning at church (Every Sunday, our youth collect change for Kids Against Hunger. Our church has supported this organization for a couple of years now, and it's been wonderful.), I saw a quarter from the year 2ooo. I clearly remembered a morning at our duplex in Iowa City (so it had to be 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade for me) where Matt and I were figuring out how old we'd be in the year 2000. My mom got one of her famous yellow legal pads, and we did the math together. 28?!?! I'd be 28 in the year 2000??? It seemed so impossible and far away. My mom never lived to see the year 2000, but thank goodness I have memories like this to keep her close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...