Saturday, March 6, 2010

Weekly Update

It was a busy week, but it was less busy now that the play is over. We had strike on Monday, and the kids worked really hard to get the set broken down and stored, to return the props, and to clean the whole stage area. It's no fun, but it has to be done. I felt a little lost after school on Tuesday and Wednesday. It's weird not having play practice to go to when you've been there every day for 2 months. I think the kids had withdrawal too.

Tuesday I finally got in for a haircut. I usually go about 7 weeks or so between haircuts, but because of the plays and having to work on our scheduled day off, I hadn't had my hair cut since around Thanksgiving! My bangs were so long, I felt like a sheepdog. Luckily, I now feel human again!

Wednesday I had church choir and handbells, so that always makes a full evening.

Thursday I chaperoned for Young Writer's Conference. I haven't been there for awhile, and it was a very nice day. The author for this year was William Durbin, and he writes young adult novels about some subjects I'd never even heard of. I loved hearing about The Voyageurs and The Winter War both. Fascinating. Thursday night we had FACT board. We recapped the winter show Have a Nice Day!, and started getting ready for the summer show, My Fair Lady. It was a fun meeting because we met at Gay's house and had dinner before. Heather wrote up the minutes like a script the next day, and it was entertaining, to say the least. Let's just say that when you get a bunch of hams together on a board, meetings are never dull. :)

Friday after school we had a get together at my principal's house. It was sort of a replacement for our Christmas party that was cancelled because of the terrible weather. It's always fun to be with the staff of my school in an informal setting. Plus, it's nice to see their families too. Lots of our teachers have little ones, and they completely entertain me! I went with Heather, and I got the added bonus of meeting her new boyfriend, Mike. He's been elusive up to this point, but now, I have proof of his existence. ;) Andrew was in Ames at a Century 21 function, so after the party, I went over to Suzanne's to watch more of our Christmas present... Weeds! We're done with 2 of the 2 DVD's now. I seriously love that show. It's funny, dramatic, unexpected, and well-written. I love it when shows can surprise me. Weeds always does that!

Today I'm supervising Saturday School. I have 7 in class, and they're all working hard. Hopefully they can accomplish a lot to help themselves get caught up in their classes.

I don't have other plans for today, but I'm hoping to read and get a nice long nap. I do have papers to grade. I'm working on that now, and I'll probably have to spend some time at school tomorrow to get ready for the 6 week reporting period, but I definitely think a nap is calling me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...