Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ahhh... Spring Break!

It's amazing what just 2 weekdays of relaxation can do for the body and the spirit. Even though the rest of my spring break week is full, I feel replenished and rested. I don't think I've been able to say that since Christmas break.

Images of Greatness went really well with the 8th graders. I was so proud of them, and yes, I did get teary. I'm really going to miss this group. I can't believe I've had them in class for 3 years!

Yesterday I went to Iowa City with Andrew's daughter Holly. She's getting ready to leave in a couple weeks for a year of teaching English in Japan. She had a few things she needed to get, and we had a really nice day together. We shopped until I dropped. I literally couldn't keep my eyes open last night when we got home.

Andrew has offered a million times to clean out my car for me. Very sweet. However, when so much of my crap was in the car, I was never willing to take him up on it. On Sunday afternoon, I cleaned all my crap out of the car, threw away all the trash, put all the empty bottles in recycling, and ran it through the car wash. I handed Andrew my keys and said, "It's all yours!" I don't think he could believe that I finally took him up on his offer. He cleaned every inch of the inside, even the disgusting bottoms of the cup holders. Then, he took it and vacuumed it all out. It seriously looks like a new car. It's so nice! He's the best boyfriend ever. Now, I just have to keep the car looking this way. Hm... ;)

The rest of the break is going to be busy, but I've enjoyed these few days of relaxation. I needed them so much. 3rd quarter was soooooo busy. I can't believe we're almost done with March. Where has the year gone?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...