Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Days!

We're having our second snow day today. We probably could have at least started the day yesterday, but today is another story. The wind is crazy today, and even the main roads in Fairfield have some drifting. I can't imagine what it's like out in the country.

Last night when the snow was really coming down, Andrew and I walked around the square. It's just beautiful right now with all the lights and decorations covered in snow.

Yesterday, during Snow Day #1, Suzanne and I got the majority of our holiday baking and candy making done. We made peanut clusters, rolo treats (pretzels with a slightly melted rolo on top and m & m's pressed in), Whopper cookies (a new recipe... they were OK, but I probably won't make them again), spritz cookies, and about a million dipped pretzels. We like using the rod shaped pretzels. They look really nice and taste delicious. We felt like we accomplished a lot. Plus, since it wasn't too bad yet, the roads weren't treacherous out to Suzanne's house. Today, I don't know if I'd feel comfortable driving all the way out there.

I want to to work on Christmas cards today and get the rest of my decorations up. I also want to just snuggle in and watch some movies. I have a full weekend, so there definitely won't be much relaxing going on. I need to take advantage of these two days!

I'm especially grateful today for my nice warm house. I hope you all are staying warm and safe in this blizzard!

1 comment:

  1. I had to wrap presents yesterday. It was a horrible experience for me because it showed me how very little I know about wrapping things. My poor grandma is going to look at her present and think, "Did an animal get to this?"
    Actually, she'll love it because it has snowflakes, and grannies like snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...