Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Ulcer, My Heart


Dear Fairfield Arts and Convention Center,

I have never been the same since you entered my life. I was greatly honored to serve on your board, even if it left me with an ulcer and the knowledge that I could never ever survive in the business world. I have been overwhelmed at your multitude of performances, especially Pasek & Paul's Edges, which touched me in a way that theatre hasn't touched me in years. I spent my first date with my dear Andrew at a piano concert within your space. I've joined my entire district faculty in staff development in your seats. I've passed out programs and seated hundreds of patrons in the Stephen Sondheim Center for the Performing Arts. I have cheered my students' History Day projects in your meeting rooms. I have surveyed rocks and gems, been blessed by Mother Meara, examined quilts, and danced the night away within your walls. I have made lifetime friends under your roof. I've shared your stage with one of my stage idols, Liz Callaway. I've been overwhelmed by the love of performing in your spotlight.


I know it's a long, hard road. I know you battle hurt feelings, ignorance, debt, and growing pains. But I am very, very glad you're here.


1 comment:

  1. I have never been the same since YOU entered my life, my love. And The Sondheim is cool too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...