Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Blessings

Blessings for today...

* Had lunch with Shannon and got to hear all about the Interlochen experience. It made me wish I'd done something like that in high school.

* I can't wait to see the State Fair through Olivia's eyes this weekend. I can't wait for Tracy & I to continue our State Fair tradition. I can't wait to taste the lemonade, to ride the skylift, to people watch... all that good stuff. This Iowa girl loves her Fair!

* I'm excited for school to start. This might seem like a weird blessing, but I hope I'm always excited at the beginning of the year. If I get to the point where I completely dread school starting, I need to get out of teaching.

* My Kindle. I love my Harrison Ford. I LOVE my Kindle. It's been my constant companion this summer. It's my current favorite invention. I love owning books... physically having my books. So, I wasn't sure I'd get into a Kindle. What I discovered is that I actually love my relationship with books... my thoughts, my connections, etc. Now, not only do I have ALL my books with me at all times, I have all the documentation of my thoughts, reactions, comments, etc. with me at all times. Heaven.

* This summer. I'm thankful for this wonderful, cool, busy, joyful summer. It's been wonderful, top to bottom, beginning to end. This kind of summer makes me love my job even more... a job that I love that gives me 2 1/2 months off to play. It doesn't get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...