Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Weekly Update

How is it possible that I can actually be busier in the summer than in the school year? :)

Pippin had a good run this weekend. I was disappointed in our houses, but the show is not super well-known, so maybe that's why people stayed away. I had a showstopping moment on Saturday night when I knocked part of the set over... gotta love that. Ugh. How mortifying. But, other than that, I think the first FACT musical in the Fairfield Arts and Convention Center was a success.

I'm trying to get my classroom closed up this week and all my laundry done, so I can be ready to leave on my trip Saturday. I hope all the roads are open on the way to the Cedar Rapids airport. I will get back home on the 27th of June and will be here just a day or two (can't miss Emma's birthday party on the 28th!) before I head over to Council Bluffs. I'll be there until around July 8. It will be great spending time with Tracy and her family. Then I'm home for a couple weeks before I head over to Shenandoah for the Wabash Arts Camp from July 21-25. It's always fun, and it's great summer money too. The last bash of the summer will be 3 days at the State Fair with Tracy, wedged in between when I have to be back to school for meetings at the beginning of August. Looks like I'm not going to get my garage cleaned out AGAIN! That's always my summer goal, and it's yet to happen. Oh well. Maybe someday. ;)

Open Heart opens Friday at the Sondheim Center. I'm ushering for opening night, and then Jason, Suzanne, and I have our season tickets for the night of the 28th. It is written by and stars Robby Benson. He and his wife are here performing in it, along with another member of the New York cast. It's pretty exciting having another celebrity on our stage. I know all our summer interns are having fun being in it. The other two summer shows are Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and a new musical about the life of Iowa's own Meredith Wilson, Banjo Boy. It will be nice being in the audience for those in our beautiful new theatre!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...