Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Weekly Update

IT'S SUMMER!!!

yea yea yea yea yea yea yea

Ah, teachers love their summers, that's for sure!

Summer school started today. We have 13 kids, and they seem like a good group. It's only from 8-12 every morning, and we get to be in the air-conditioned library, so that's much more pleasant than the regular classroom. My friend Heather and I have taught it for several years, so we kind of have it down to a science. It's actually pretty fun, and it's a good summer job. I'll only be teaching the first two weeks instead of the full three, because the last week I'll be on (in? at? I so don't know the lingo) Martha's Vineyard with my McLeod cousins. I absolutely can't wait. I've never been there, and I'm just dying to see my cousins again.

Pippin opens tomorrow night. We're ready for an audience, but I'd say we still have some growing to do. I love the music in the show, but I have to get myself back in the mindset of community theatre. I just need to relax and have fun a little. I know it will be fine.

We're actually having a sunny day here in Fairfield. They have been rare lately. It poured in the middle of the night, and I think it is supposed to rain again tonight and tomorrow, but I'm going to enjoy today while it lasts. I rode my bike to school today, and I might extend that ride later. It's gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...