Monday, May 19, 2008

The Madness Begins

Between now and the end of school (June 5), I have to miss 5 school days. This Wednesday is my dad's surgery (his heart tests showed that there had been no further deterioration, and the surgery is on for Wednesday morning). Friday, I'll be in Des Moines with my 8th grade GOAL students; we leave Thursday after school. Next Tuesday is the 7th grade assignment journal reward trip to Coral Ridge Mall outside of Iowa City. That Friday is the 6th grade GOAL trip to Nauvoo. Then, on the Monday of the last week of school, I take the 7th grade GOAL students to Hannibal. Wow. That's a lot of prepping for subs. Ick.

It was a beautiful weekend here. I worked outside in my yard for a few hours. I got some things done, but I have about a million more to do. Yesterday, my friend Gay had a belated birthday supper for my friend Tom and me. She grilled chicken, and she made black bean soup from my mom's recipe for my birthday present. It was SO GOOD! I haven't had it in ages. She also made asparagus, homemade sangria, pasta salad, crescent rolls, and tirimisu (sp?) for dessert. Even though I've been really trying to watch what I eat, I couldn't resist that! Several friends were there, and it was a nice get-together. Emily P. said that she was headed over to Christian and Ali's (friends from Godspell) new place for their housewarming party when she left Gay's. Heather and I decided to crash that party too, and it turned out to be a late night. I never stay out until 11:30 on a school night! It was fun, but I'll probably be regretting it today.


Saturday afternoon/evening, I went to Emma's dance recital. So cute! It was so fun seeing her up there on stage doing her thing. Jack was so good too. I wondered how a two-year-old would do in the audience for an hour and a half, but it went really well. The music teacher at my school was sitting next to me with her family, and their one-year-old, Addison, became my new best friend. She wanted to sit on my lap, and you all know what a sucker I am for babies! I couldn't get enough of that little cutie! It was a really nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...