Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Releasing It

Hello, Blog.  Long time, no write.

My middle schoolers and I have 6 days left together.  They're making it tough on me.  I'm going to talk about it here and release it to the universe.

I know it's the end of the year in so many ways.  I'm tired.  Tears are right below the surface.  I have so much to do.  I have to much left to do.  And they're already done.  They're SO done.

I get it. I want to be done too.  But we're not done.

I know they're too young to really understand how quickly time goes.  For them, it's a snail.  These last 6 days feel like forever to them.

I'm old enough and beat up enough by life to know that time is precious.  You don't wish it away.

I'm looking forward to my summer so so so so much.  I'm counting down too.  We're all human.  But I want to end this school year sad that these turkeys are leaving, not hoping the door doesn't hit them on the way out.

I'm taking things personally this year, this spring.  Today.  I'm letting my feelings get hurt.  I need to get over that.  You'd think that the 21st year with middle schoolers would be routine... that I'd have a harder shell built up... all of that.  Guess not.  I think I might even care more now than I did 20 years ago.  That's a good thing.  It hurts because I care.  I do know that.

Teacher God, give me strength to get it done, to get it done well, and to send them off with love and care and grit.

I think I can.  I think I can.  I think I can.
I know I will.  I know I will.  I know I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...