Monday, January 16, 2012

Disappointment

A student let me down this week. Big time. I'm having difficulty dealing. I'm not even mad, which I should be. I'm just sad. Very, very sad.

I have high expectations of my students, and I know that's a good thing. But, it bit me in the butt this week. I know they're in middle school, and part of being an adolescent is screwing up. I do know that. And if it were only me, maybe it would be another story. But, I have about 30 kids who were also let down. I have to break the news to them all tomorrow and then pick up the pieces. I hope I can do it without crying. Maybe I got the crying out of my system this weekend. When I'm trying to hold off crying, I say things I regret, and I don't want to go there either.

Thank goodness for the long weekend without students for the end of the semester. It helped me get my emotional bunnies in a herd.

How do you deal with disappointment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...