Thursday, October 22, 2009

Weekly Update

I'm slowly making it back to the land of the living. I'm no longer feeling the effects of H1N1, but it's left behind a secondary bronchitis infection as a little souvenir. At least that can be treated with antibiotic, so I'm not complaining. Too much.

It's been a crazy busy week, trying to get caught up from missing four days of school last week. The end of the quarter is next week, and parent/teacher conferences will be the week after that.

Andrew is becoming a true Hawkeye fan. I think I've created a monster! A good monster though... it's so fun to be able to watch football together. I didn't really think my Brit would get into the game so much!

This Saturday is All-State audition day. I'm helping out with auditions. It takes a lot of volunteers to make the day go smoothly. It's a little warped, but I LOVE helping. It just takes me back to my high school days and how hard I worked getting ready for All-State. So many memories of both trauma and triumph for this little drama queen.

All my GOAL classes are finishing up with their literature circles and are either presenting or working on literature circle projects. Some of them are really outstanding. I love it when the kids take an assignment and go above and beyond what I expected. From there, the 6th graders will be starting Mock Trial, the 7th graders will be dissecting owl pellets, and the 8th graders will be reading the play Anne Frank out loud in class. My language arts kids are ready to move on to the "Voice" trait of writing. They'll be writing stories from the point of view of an inanimate object. I love this assignment. They write their story in the form of a letter to middle school students about correct use. So, I always get some pretty creative letters from lockers, desks, backpacks, volleyballs, and a few objects that I never would have predicted. Very entertaining!

I'm going to turn in early tonight. My body is craving those 12 hour nights of sleep that it had last week. That's probably part of the bronchitis issue. For that reason, I'm going to pass on the traditional Fairfield Friday night at the Trojan football game. My lungs will thank me, I'm sure.

Even though it's not quite Friday, I'm already thinking TGIF!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...