Saturday, June 13, 2009

Blessings

I haven't counted my blessings lately... it's far overdue.

* I'm grateful to have patient, talented friends around me during this rehearsal period for Children of Eden. I've been a little, ahem, difficult. It all stems from stuff inside me that I know I should deal with, but I've let my frustrations and unresolved issues with others make me cranky with those who don't deserve it. I feel contrary a lot of the time, so thanks, Dee Ann & Jeri, for not killing me... yet. :)

* I'm blessed to be a teacher on summer break. I'm finally catching up on some sleep. Summer is a recharge time, and I know I'll be ready to energetically attack the new school year in August.

* I'm loved. I have wonderful friends and family. And now, with Andrew, I seriously have it all. :)

* I have journeys and adventures planned this summer with family and friends. It's all kicking off next when Jeff gets here. The summer will be full of fun. I'm really looking forward to it.

* I'm excited to start a new chapter in summer jobs. Instead of remediation, I'll be doing two different classes of enrichment. My middle school class on technology starts next week, and I'm going to do an elementary puppetry and theatre games class in August. I can really see the enrichment classes developing into something big, particularly at the middle level, where we haven't tried it before. I'm excited and grateful for the opportunity!

* I'm not kidding. The skunks are worth the price of admission to Children of Eden next week. Every time I see them, I smile. They are so freaking cute, I just want to squeeze them. Our two tiniest cast members in skunk suits... they're irresistible. You need to see them (and the rest of the show as well)!

* I know we've had a lot of rain, but I'm grateful for a June that isn't Africa hot. It's been pleasant, and I've loved it. We have July and August for steamy Iowa weather... I'm going to enjoy beautiful June while it's here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...