Wednesday, August 17, 2011

'Twas the Week Before School...

It's that time of year... I've been working in my classroom (not long enough, not getting enough done, starting to panic... everything is normal). We haven't been able to get in the building all summer because of asbestos removal, but I was able to pick up my keys last Friday. I've been in twice since then, and I had some student helpers today, so I got more accomplished. I have a new principal, and our district has a new superintendent. I feel excited about this school year. I'm starting the year with a unit on comics. It's a new unit, and I got some great curriculum ideas in a class I took this summer at University of Iowa. My 6th grade class is larger than normal, but I actually have a planning period this year, so I'm excited! I won't know what to do with myself!

This is the final weekend for A Time Out of Rhyme. It's been a good run, and I'm really glad I did it. Mother Goose is a fun part to play, but it's not too stressful. I'm only on for the first two scenes and again at the very end. I have a lot of down time... so much that I've been crocheting a ton. I actually finished Elora's baby blanket. She turns 4 in September. Better late than never, right? :)
Here's a picture of the set, unlit & without media, but you get the idea... you can also see Tom's (Captain Hook's) feet in the glare of the stage left book)... picture hog. ;)

I start school on Friday, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. I'll miss sitting with Suzanne though. It's a tradition! She was hired in Fairfield the same year I was, so I've never had a school year without her until now. Boo hoo. I miss my friend!

This was a random post, but my focus has been divided. This is probably not a good thing at the beginning of the school year... oops!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...